Changelog

Explore Darkness Falls the Crusade, frozen in time!
Daleth
Site Admin

Changelog

Post by Daleth » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Updates for 9-23-2017

Devolich and I have made a few changes to the Echoes client. See below:

We did notice one crash when we were testing. This may have been a fluke, but at one point while attacked one another, the client froze and stopped responding. Refreshing the browser fixed the issue and we were unable to reproduce it. If you experience anything similar, please report it - let us know what you were doing whenever the problem happened.

Invasion Mode
Added "Invasion Mode" where certain features are temporarily disabled including: Port and Heal
During invasion mode, all players who log in will "spawn" in Tamia Town Center (this could change with future invasions).
Also during invasion mode, all "frozen in time" monsters are hidden, as well as all room IDs and area IDs are hidden (for those who have them turned on). This returns to normal when invasion mode is turned off.

Added "release" command. Where players die, they can release their corpse (this replaces "heal" during invasions, which would just resurrect you in the same room. Release will return players to the pre-determined spawn point).

Added a "die" command. This is mainly for testing, but players can type "die" to kill themselves.

Added a "resurrect" command. You can type "resurrect [playername]" to dead players in the same room to revive them. Currently, resurrect takes half of your power and a quarter of your life to cast. Use with caution.

Added an 'In Combat' mode, which prevents your health from regening while you are in combat. Currently this is set to 10 seconds from the last attack you made or received. If you attack someone or are attacked, you are in combat for 10 seconds. If you do not attack someone or are not attacked for 10 seconds, healing will resume.

Added a limit to attack speed. Now you must wait 1 second between attacks. Before, there was no limit and you could spam attacks, killing someone near-instantly.

Added a movement restriction after attacking. Now you must wait 4 seconds after attacking a player or creature before you can move to another room.

Daleth
Site Admin

Re: Changelog 9-23-2017

Post by Daleth » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:04 pm

One more change to add:

Heal: This spell has been changed. Before, heal would pop you back to life after dying, allowing you to self-resurrect (you can now use "release" instead). Heal now allows you to cast a healing spell on yourself, as well as on other players.

Daleth
Site Admin

Re: Changelog

Post by Daleth » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Updates for 9-27-2017

The attack ability has been modified to add stun, parry, and fumble chances. Devo and I approximated the odds based off of memory and glancing at logs, but these may need to be adjusted after seeing some use.

The release option will now spawn you in the Hole Hospital. Previously this spawned you in Tamia Town Center.

I also fixed an issue caused by my last update, where players saw duplication of text in certain circumstances.

Daleth
Site Admin

Re: Changelog

Post by Daleth » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Updates for 9-29-2017

I have implemented some speed improvements. I'm hoping this will be noticeably faster and more stable, but I am still testing. The improvements came from me removing and replacing some old code I wrote years ago with more efficient code.